We take our duty to process your personal data very seriously. This policy explains how we collect, manage, use and protect any information we collect about you to ensure you remain informed and in control of your information.
In this policy references to Sparro, or to ‘we’ and ‘us’ are to Sparro Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 13578962.
What information we collect and how
- the Sparro web server automatically collects standard information such as browser type, operating system, access times, etc.
- information about your computer and your visits to our website.
- any information that is collected indirectly is used by Sparro only to monitor the volume, type and pattern of traffic towards, and usage of the Sparro website and to develop the design and layout of the website.
Sparro may collect and store the following limited personal information:
- information you provide to us when signing up/subscribing to our newsletter or specific contact forms.
- information you provide to us when using any of our services on our website.
- information you send to us through our website relating to any communication between you the user and us.
- any other information you would send to us as part of using our website or services.
How we use your information
We require this information to understand your needs, provide you with a better service and in particular to:
- administer and personalise our website and business for you.
- enable you to use the services available on our website.
- send you emails that you have requested.
- send any email communication, marketing or newsletter, where you have requested that we send these to you.
- provide third parties with analytical or statistical information about our website use or users. These third parties will not be able to identify any individual from that data.
- investigate any enquires or complaints you may have.
- prevent fraud and keep our website secure at all times.
You can decide not to receive communications or change how we contact you at any time. If you wish to do so, please contact us by:
- Writing to: Sparro Limited, Blake House, 18 Blake Street, York, YO1 8QG.
Sharing your information
We only disclose information to third parties or individuals in the following circumstances:
when obliged to by law, for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigations;
- if you have agreed that we may do so;
- when we use other companies to provide services on our behalf;
- if we receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from one of our sites;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions;
- if we believe that we need to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Sparro, our website or our visitors and for other lawful purposes.
We will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations.
Keeping you in control
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. The new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which are being brought into force in May 2018, give everyone a number of very important rights. These include:
- the right to ask us to remove your personal data from our records (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason);
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified;
- the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you;
- the right to ask us to stop using your information for marketing or profiling;
- where technically feasible, the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes.
Remember, you can change the way you hear from us or withdraw your permission for us to process your personal data at any time by using the contact details in how we use your information.
Cookies and Website
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the way we process your personal information, please contact us using the contact details in section 3 above.
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint or are still concerned about our handling of your personal information, you have a right to take your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.